If I Could Hear My Mother Pray
by J.W. Vaughan
1) How Sweet and Happy Seem the Days of Which I Dream.
2) She Used to Pray That I on Jesus Would Rely,
3) Within the Old Home Place, Her Patient, Smiling Face.
4) Her Work on Earth Is Done, the Life-crown Has Been Won,
1) When Memory Recalls Them Now and Then!
2) And Always Walk the Shining Gospel Way;
3) Was Always Spreading Comfort, Hope and Cheer;
4) And She Is Now at Rest with Him Above;
1) And with What Reapture Sweet My Waeary Heart Would Beat.
2) So Trusting Still His Love I Seek That Home Above,
3) And When She Used to Sing to Her Eternal King,
4) And Some Glad Morning She I Know Will Welcome Me
1) If I Could Hear My Mother Pray Again.
2) Where I Shall Meet My Mother Some Glad Day.
3) It Was the Songs the Angels Loved to Hear.
4) To That Eternal Home of Peace and Love.
If I Could Hear My Mother Pray Again,
If I Could Hear Her Tender Voice as Then!
So Glad I'd Be T'would Mean So Much to Me,
If I Could Hear My Mother Pray Again.