Steps to Order the Sun Certified Exam
(NOTE: This information is old. Use it as additional info etc...)
- www.sylvanprometric.com - Locate
the Sylvan Prometric Training Center closest to your location. At their
home page go to "Test Center Locator". Or call 1-800-795-3926.
www.2test.com - This is a
new link to me. Not sure how to use it yet.
- Call Sun @ 1-800-422-8020 option #3 and order a Voucher with a credit card
($150). When you call have the following information:
- Exam ID# (they can help you with that on the phone).
If you are an IBM employee, there is a special exam # for you.
Java Programmers 1.1: 310-022 (IBM only 310-023)
Java Programmers 2 (1.2): 310-025 (IBM only [tbd] )
- Home Address
- Testing Site Location where you want to take the exam.
- Date & Time you want to take the exam.
- The day before the exam. If you can not make the exam, call and
reschedule before 6 pm or you will lose your money! You have 1 year to take the exam
from the date that you ordered the voucher.
- The day of the exam:
- Arrive 15-30 min early. Your test starts at the given time automatically!
- Bring 2 ID's, one having a photo ID.
- Relax and pray. The test is a bear!
- Actual exam
- A new survey has been added. The survey is for Sun's benefit and is not
used in grading you. After you take the Survey you will then start
the test. The Test timer starts when you start the Questions, not
- 59 questions w/ 90 minuets to complete. The exam is taken on a
computer at a special training center. The links above will help
you find one near you.
- As of Oct 2000 the passing score is 61% (was 70%). The difficulty remains the
same even though the passing percent is lower. There is more
questions based on java source code than before.
- When you finish the exam you are immediately told if you passed or
- There now is a Survey at the end of the exam called
"Borderline". The survey is for Sun's benefit and is not
used in grading you.
- You cannot bring in/out any notes. You can ask for a blank sheet
of paper to use during the exam. They will pick that up at the end
of the exam.
- If you pass the Exam
- Make sure you keep the "Examination Score Report" (don't
lose it). The information on it will help give you access to Sun's
Certification Database which will contain all of your exam
information. It's your only real proof of passing until it gets in
Sun's Certification Database - update your records and see your
"By logging on to our Certification database, you can find grades
for the examinations you have taken; confirm or update your address,
email, phone number; track your certification progress, and submit
questions to the Sun Educational Certification department from this