IO Basics (JDK1.1)
by Michael Thomas
(Tutorial Home Page)
- The source. (Warning:
IE may hang if you try to print! Netscape-OK)
- Run this program as an Application - not as an Applet!. This
Applet will get a file access error because Applets are not allowed to
access the local file system. With JDK 1.2 and above you can set up a
permissions file and use the Appletviewer or the Java Plugin to allow this
Applet to access the local file system on Windows machines.
- Create text, xml, and html files with Java's PrintWriter.
- View the xml file created by this
class using your browser.
- View the html file create by
this class using your browser.
- View the text file create by this
- Create data files using Java.
- Create a data file that saves Objects.
Sometimes I'll place additional information here.