You can download all the sources files used in this
IE Only: Using the <object> tag:
Using a Web Page to test for plugin & version along with downloading the
plugin if needed.
You will need to update the versions (if supported by the vendor) in the ex_plugincheck.js
to be the most current.
- Flash Check - Extension:
.swf (aka: Macromedia Flash)
- Shockwave Check
- Extension: .swf (aka: Macromedia Director Shockwave)
- Quicktime Check
- Extension: .mov (Apple's Quicktime)
- Pulse Check - Extension:
.pw3 (aka: Veeper) (No version checking that I know of.)
Note: Placing the following in your <head> tag may check for supported
platforms and browers (maybe latests version - haven't tested).
- Under Construction
- Windows Media Player - Extension: .asf (aka Windows Media
- RealPlayer -
Using Dreamweaver's Behaviors: Check Plugins.
Flash Plugin - IE or NS
Shockwave Plugin - IE or NS
LiveAudio Plugin - IE or NS
Netscape Media PlayerPlugin - IE or NS
QuickTime Plugin - IE or NS
- Does any know how to uninstall a plugin in the IE browser?
Java & Cookie Enable Check
When trying to disable or enable items in the "Security" section
of IE, make sure you choose either "Internet" or "Local"
settings. I have some notes below.
- For IE 5
- Cookies & Java - look under "Tools, Internet Options, Security,
<choose Internet or Local>, then click on "Custom Level".
Look for Cookies and/or Java.
- For IE 6
- Java - look under "Tools, Internet Options, Security, <choose
Internet or Local>, then click on "Custom Level". Look for
"Microsoft VM" section, "Java Permissions" item.
- Cookies - look under "Tools, Internet Options, Privacy, the "Web
Sites" section, click on Edit. You can disable cookies at web sites
but I haven't had any luck with local files (file:///).