Argo UML Installation Help
by Michael Thomas
Back to UML Products
- Download the .jar files.
- Create a directory to launch Argo UML from. Copy the download files
to this directory.
(ie: c:\argouml )
- Create a Short Cut in your Programs Startup Menu in Windows.
These steps work for Win NT 4. They may be different on your machine.
- Start, Settings, Taskbar, Start Menu, Advanced
- A explorer window will appear. You should be in the "Start
- Double click on "Programs"
- Click on "File", "New", "Folder", and
call it "ArgoUML"
- Double click on the new folder you just created.
- Now create a Short Cut. File, New, Short Cut.
- Rename the the short cut to: "ArgoUML"
- Right click on ArgoUML short cut file, then click on
"Properties", "Short Cut" tab
- Set the following options: (Note: The target points to your JDK
you are using (ie: c:\jdk1.2) )
- Target: c:\jdk1.2\bin\java.exe -jar argouml-0.8.1a.jar
- Start in: c:\argouml
- Run: leave default of "Normal Window"
- Now test the short cut by double clicking on "ArgoUML".