This page is designed to be a resource for help in preparing for the
IBM's Certified WebSphere Exam.
- IBM Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software V8.0
or IBM Employees (w3.education.com, the link to redbooks.)
- Backend: Look for "Servlet and JSP Programming with IBM WebSphere
Studio and VisualAge for Java" SG245755-00,
2000-05-16. A PDF file can be viewed online or downloaded (size
- Chapter 3 - Talks about installing the WebShpere related
products: JDK, IBM HTTP Server, DB2, VAJ, Websphere
Application Server, Websphere Studio.
- Frontend: Look for "The Front of IBM WebSphere
Building e-business User Interfaces" SG245488-00, 2000-01-27.
PDF availalbe for download Redbook (size 2236K)
- OOD: Look for "Design and Implement Servlets JSPs and EJBs for IBM
WebSphere Application Server" SG245754-00, 2000-08-23.
PDF file can be viewed online or download (size 2008K).
- Other Websphere Redbooks
Considerations: From Client/Server Applications to e-business
Applications, SG24-5503-00 1999-12-20
Patterns Using WebSphere Enterprise Edition: Patterns for e-business
Series, SG24-6151-00 2000-09-15
- WS-SW-B605: "EJBs:
Using VisualAge for Java and Deployment on WebSphere Servers,"
- Novell - the Novell Developer Kit is growing to include IBM's
WebSphere Application Server for NetWare, Standard Edition.
( http://developer.novell.com/ndk )
Quote from a Novell Email: "WebSphere is an open,
extensible development solution with a production-oriented focus on the servlet engine and
Java* Server Pages. It includes a secure, scalable runtime environment that supports HTTP,
IIOP and Enterprise Java. Use WebSphere to connect enterprise data to the Web and make the
transition from simple Web publishing to advanced Web
applications. WebSphere combines the control and portability of server-side business
applications with the performance and manageability of Java technologies to offer you a
comprehensive Web application platform for powerful interaction with enterprise databases
and transaction systems.
- Netware Connections article on Webshere Applications Server with Netware 5.1.
Other Web Application Servers
- WebLogic by BEA
- JBOSS by RedHat - open source
- Install Notes v3.5 -
WebSphere Product Family (WebSphere Application Server, JDK, IBM HTTP
Server, DB2, VAJ, WebSphere Studio, and configuration information.
- JSP rendering problem. We had a web application that worked fine in
using Tomcat (& Struts) but had problems using Websphere. Place
this code at the top of the JSP pages.
language="java" buffer="none" %>