Dancing Sites &
Dance Lessons - Instructor: Michael Thomas (Cartersville, GA)
Dance Events & Weekends
- All states - list is by "dance type"
and is below on this same page
Dance Sites & Resources by City
- GA - Georgia
- FL - Orlando
- KY - Kentucky
- NC - North Carolina
- SC - South Carolina
- TN - Tennessee
- IL - Illonios
- DanceFun - www.dancefun.com - Dance Cruises,
Tours, and Travel for Swing, Salsa, Country, and Ballroom Dancing!
866-DANCEFUN (866-326-2338) or 405-282-8989 - John Riddle runs Dance Fun -
(Note: I've taken several cruises with this group
and had the time of my life!!!)
- In GENERAL, here is an example of what to expect money wise.
- On Ship
Double Occupancy $ 799.00* per person 1st and 2nd in cabin.
(Includes port of call taxes, Salsa Events, meals & ship events)
Single Rate is basically double the double occupancy rate less $200.
Add: $100.58 Government Taxes and Fuel Surcharge
Add: $70 Tip
Add: $75 Trip insurance.
Add: Airport Transfers (~$100) or pre-Cruise Package (~$300) which
usually includes the transfers.
Add Optional: $200-500 Shore excursions.
About $50-$100 per port.
Add Optional: pictures - $200
Add Optional: $40 can beverages pass. Milk, juices, water, coffee is
Add Optional: bar tabs - Hmmmm.....
Add Optional: Spending money at the ports.
- Other Costs
Air Fare - Always go the day before.
Hotel - night before $300.
www.SalsaCruiseCrazy.com - I've been on 2 of these cruises through
DanceFun. Awesome cruises!!!
- Taste of Texas Dance Cruise #3 (Where country meets swing)
- 817-937-6310 or
- March 07-14, 2010 (Sun-Sun) - 7 days
- Departure port: Galveston, Tx
- Ports: Key West (FL), Freeport (Bahamas), Nassau (Bahamas)
- Cruise Line: Carnival (Conquest)
- www.hustlecruise.com - on the
Magica by Costa Cruise. Hustle, Swing and Salsa at Sea.
- 3/18/07 Sun - 3/25/07 Sun - Eastern CARIBBEAN CRUISE
- Booking Agent: Norm Gewirtz with Sunburst Travel @ 954-431-7771
- Roommate options available.
- SUNBURST TRAVEL CRUISES AND TOURS
954 431 7771 - www.cruisekontrol.com
- DANCE PROGRAM QUESTIONS CALL: Drew Axelrod @ 754-246-2874.
- The "full dance extras package" - $60
- www.seadancercruises.com -
Ballroom, swing & shag.
Mary Etta O’Day or Dale Kehrer - 615-773-8227
or 615-500-6603 -
www.thebeachmusiccruise.com - shag cruise.
- specializes in dance cruises.
- Dance vacations (including cruises).
- www.swingatsea.com - Swing At
- Cruisin' Kickers
- Naomi Milano Fantasia Travel - 770-985-1322 -
- Nov 2 - 9, 2008 - Eastern Caribbean (3ports: San Juan, Puerto Rico;
St Thomas; Phillipsburge, St Maartin)
Cruise Line: Royal Caribbean - "Freedom of the Seas"
- 'Dance Friends Cruise'
- Sheri Cohen with Abracadabra! Cruises at 678-460-2442 or
800-474-5678 x 136
- Just Cruisin' Inc. - http://justcruisin.vacationport.net/ - 800-727-9577
- January 25 ~ February 01, 2009
- AMERICAN BOP ASSOCIATION
EASTERN CARIBBEAN CRUISE
- Princess Cruises ~ Crown Princess
Sailing from Sunny Ft. Lauderdale to
- Ports: St. Maartin, St. Thomas, Grand Turk & Princess Cays
- Beata Howe -
teaches Ballroom, Swing, Country, Latin in the greater DFW area and host
dance cruises and flash mobs
Find a Dance Partner
Find a Dance
Dance Spots - Nationwide
Top Songs from DJs
Dancers Web Sites
Dance Competition Organizations
- UCWDC ( United Country Western Dance Council ) -
Peach State (Atlanta, GA)
Pros - Dance Teachers
- NTA (National Teachers Association) - www.ntadance.com
- Swing & Country - Pros & Instructors
- Salsa - Pros & Instructors
- Ana Llorente -
www.anallorente.com - Atlanta, GA
- Francisco and Stacey Martinez - www.thedancefamily.com
The Dance Family Studio
25 N. Allen (at Colorado)
Pasadena, CA 91106
24 Hour Info Line (626) 568-3764
- Jesus Ortiz & Alison Hurwitz - Alison is simply amazing!!!
- Alison's web site.
- Joby Brava, Los Angeles, CA
- Rene Gueits, Miami, FL
- Nelson Flores, Bronx, NY
- Francisco & Stacey Martinez, Pasadena, CA
- Salomon & Sandra Riviera, Orange County, CA
- Juan Gil, San Francisco, CA
- Alison Hurwitz, San Francisco, CA
- Argentine Tango - Pros & Instructors
- Brigitta Winkler
- Barbara Durr
- Fabian Salas & Carolina del Rivero
- Fernanda Gui & Guillermo Merlo
- Facundo Posadas & Kely Posadas
- Guillermina Quiroga & Claudio Villagra
- Hsueh-tze Lee
- Ilene Marder (Woodstock, NY)
- Los Latigos Santiaguenos
- Marika Landry
- Osvaldo Zotto & Lorena Ermocida
- Pedro Rusconi "Tete" & Silvia Cereani
- Poncho and Nely (Buenos Aires)
- Robin Thomas
- Robert Hauk (Portland)
- Ramu Pyreddy
- Ramji (Ann Arbor)
- Robert Hauk
- Shorey Myers
- Silvia Grynt & Guillermo Salvat
- Silvina Valz and Oliver Kolker (Buenos Aires/New York)
- Tomás Howlin
- Blues Dancing - Pros & Instructors
- David Madison
- Haley Smith
- Mike Legett (girl)
- Joshua Boroff
- Devona Cartier
- Don West
- Tina Davis
- Dancing With The Stars - Pros
- Cheryl Burke - www.strictlycheryl.com -
2 Time Dancing with the Stars Champion
- I need to research these:
Alex Mazo - Season One Champion of Dancing with the Stars
Kym Johnson - Australian 10 Dance Champion
Anna Trebunskaya - US National Rising Star Champion 2004
Julianne Hough - Current Dancing with the Stars Champion
Edyta Sliwinska - International Grand Ball Champion 2001
Karina Smirnoff - 5 Time US Latin Champion
Mark Ballas Jr
Dance Clothing & Shoes
- Dance Shoes - (Think about $10 for shipping.)
- New York Dance Store - 1-800-398-9562 - very reasonable prices and
quick shipping. Click the tab "Product Finder" then click
"Ballroom Shoes" on the left. You can also call. (Dance Sneakers
is another option!).
- www.amazon.com - search for
"Ballroom Shoes", "Ballroom Shoes Woman's", etc....
- 877-348-4362 -
- www.balloshoe.com - dance
- Atlanta GA Area
- www.showtimedanceshoes.com - Duluth, GA - 800-433-5541, 678-812-3000
- Location (Showroom): 9-5pm Mon-Fri
Showtime Dance Shoes
Peachtree Lake Business Center
4458 Peachtree Lakes Drive; Suite B
Duluth, GA 30096
From the I-85N/I-285 interchange (on the northeast side of town)
take I-285 west. Take the first exit (31B) and get on Peachtree
Industrial Boulevard /GA 141 north. Follow Peachtree Industrial
Boulevard north for just over 7 miles. Be sure to stay to the right
when 141 splits away from Peachtree Industrial Boulevard. Turn left
onto South Berkley Lake Road (at the intersection there is a traffic
light, an Ironstone bank, and a SunTrust bank). Take the first right
into the Peachtree Lake Business Center. Showtime is the last
building on the left.
- Atlanta GA (Marrietta area) - 770-428-9439
- Dance Wear House - 770-917-8596
3195 Acworth Due West Road
Kennesaw, Georgia 30152
- Dance Clothes
Portable Dance Floors (Purchase & Rentals)
Restaurants with Music
- Old Mill Restaurant -
678-388-1630 - in historic downtown Acworth, GA.
- Location: 4271 Southside Drive, Acworth, GA
From I-285 / I-75, go North on I-75 to exit 278 (~20 minutes)
Go left 0.5 mi to Lake Acworth Drive. Go straight through the
intersection and follow Cherokee Street. Go 0.5mi
Go left on Southside drive.
Arrive at The Old Mill
- Has a piano bar.
Concerts Locations (Atlanta Area)
- Rialto Center for the Performing Arts at Georgia State University
- Box Office at 404-413-9849
- Location: 80 Forsyth Street NW, Atlanta GA at the corner of Forsyth
and Luckie Streets
(near Olympic Park)
Directions from the North:
Take 75/85 South to the Courtland Street exit (Exit 249A), and follow to
Auburn Avenue. Turn right onto Auburn Avenue (Luckie Street). Go to the
fourth light, which is Forsyth Street. The Rialto is on your left.
- Parking: (opens 2 hrs before event and closes 1 hr after the event)
Equitable parking deck on the corner of Williams and Fairlie streets.
(free if you have "Rialto Series" on your ticket)
Equitable Building 24-Hour Security at 404-521-6590
The official parking deck of the Rialto is the Equitable Parking Deck,
located one block past the theatre, on Fairlie. Go past the Rialto on
Luckie St (Auburn Ave), then take an immediate right as soon as you pass
the Quality Hotel (onto Fairlie). Follow the signs that say "Official
Rialto Parking" and turn right into the Equitable Parking Deck. (The
deck is not clearly marked as Equitable, so look for the "Official
Rialto Parking" signs and flags).
To access the Rialto after parking in the deck, take the elevator to the
3rd floor to exit onto Forsyth Street. Press the green button to the
left of the double glass doors to release the locking mechanism and exit
onto Forsyth Street. The Rialto will be on your right.
- Callanwolde Fine Arts Center
- Location: 980
Briarcliff Road, N.E.
Atlanta, Georgia 30306
- Blues Music in Atlanta Area (for location information search the above
- You Tube
- www.aseda.org - Atlanta Swing Era
- Quote from web site: "The purpose of the Atlanta Swing Era Dance
Association (ASEDA) is simple … to be the resource for swing dancing in
the Atlanta region. ... We organize several dances each month featuring
the best swing DJ's around playing the swinginest tunes from the 1920's,
30's, and 40's as well as plenty of swinging modern music thrown in just
to keep us on our toes. We also strive to provide members the experience
of dancing to live music and book live bands for our dances about once
- www.downsouthswing.com -
- www.hotjamswings.com -
Buckhead area in Atlanta GA
- City of Kennesaw
Swango Notes - WCS + Tango
Swamba Notes - WCS + Samba
Cajun Dancing & Zydeco Dancing
- gomusic.ru - download songs (from Russia)
- Cartersville Civic Center - 770-387-5625
435 West Main St., Cartersville, GA. 30120.
- The Etowah Room - up to 700 people.
The Gold Room and The Quillian Room - up to 35-65 people.
Ballet Dance Schools
- Cartersville, GA
Steps of Faith Dance Studio
32 Center Rd SE # B
Cartersville, GA 30121
- Acworth, GA:
Praise Him With
Dance (see info above)
- Adairsville, GA:
Education Playstation (see info above)
- The 1902 Stock Exchange
124 Public Square
Adairsville, GA 30103
Open Tuesday-Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
All major credit cards accepted.
Maggie Mae's lunch is served Tuesday-Saturday 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Guests may enjoy coffee, tea and dessert anytime during store hours.
Call for seasonal Dinner Theater schedule, prices and reservations.
Directions: I-75 Exit 306, west one mile on Hwy 140, cross U.S. 41, then
first left onto Main Street into the historic district. Turn right at
Historic Public Square.
- Cartersville Opera
770-386-1552 or e-mail at BewBJH@aol.com
- Pumphouse Players - Cartersville, GA -
- Georgia Ensemble Theatre - www.get.org
- Location (Performs at)
Roswell Cultural Arts Center
950 Forrest St
From 285 & 400N (North Atlanta):
Take exit 7B Roswell/140W.
Right onto Holcomb Bridge Rd go ???mi
Look for Peachtree Diner on the left.
Left on Warsaw - go 1.4mi (turns into Norcross)
You should see the Arts Center on the left.